WGXC Program Application
WGXC welcomes program applications throughout the year. The WGXC Programming Committee meets once a month to review applications. Programs are added to the schedule as openings occur. For more information about what being a programmer entails, refer to the WGXC Programmer and Volunteer Handbook, or email Katy [at] WGXC [dot] org for more information. No previous radio is experience is necessary, and all ages are encouraged to apply!
WGXC always accepts applications for new programs to ensure that our broadcast schedule is open to new ideas and community members. There are many ways to be on the air – you can be a guest music DJ on a rotating weekly slot, a host of a morning or afternoon show, or produce your own radio features and segments. And we’ll be sure to hold onto your application for openings in the regular Program Schedule.
WGXC Program Application Questions
SUNDAY - FRIDAY (6 A.M. - MIDNIGHT)
- Your Name:
- Contact information: address, phone, and email:
- What type of radio show would you like to do?
- How will you integrate the local community into the content of your show? Interviews? Recordings? Performances? Guests? Open calls? Regular callers? Regular features?
- If your show proposal includes music, what type will you play? Are you able to mix several different genres? Will you play popular music as well as independent and obscure music? What is the strength of your CD/LP/MP3 collection? Will you incorporate local musicians in your show?
- Are you familiar / comfortable with the technical aspects of acquiring digital music or using audio-editing programs? (Your answer to this question won’t impact the application process – we just want to know the various skills and interests of WGXC programmers.)
- Programmers are required to volunteer for the radio station. How might you volunteer with WGXC?
- What times, and days of the week are you available to do a show? Do you envision a weekly or a monthly show? Would you consider doing segments in the morning or afternoon drive-time shows?
- If there isn’t space on the schedule for a regular show for you, are you interested in being one of a group of stand-by DJs who do shows on an irregular basis, often on Fridays?
- Can you describe any other community groups or arts groups that you work with in Greene or Columbia counties? Any other associations we should know about, or past or current experience in radio you want to tell us about?
Submit your application by:
- emailing it to apply [at] wgxc.org,
- dropping it off at our Hudson studio at 704 Columbia Street in Hudson, NY,
- or sending it by postal mail to: WGXC, 5662 Route 23, Acra, NY